The NOELL company looks back on a more than 180 years old history.
More than 180 years ago Matthias Noell was awarded a smithy concession in Wuerzburg, Germany.
After some shortterm relocations the company finally found it's new address from 1886 unitl 1973 in the Nuremburg street in Wuerzburg. In 1974 the NOELL workers started their activity in the new factury located in the industrial area of the Wuerzburg Veitshoechheim street. The new cross-shaped NOELL administrative building on the opposite side, at Alfred-Nobel-Street, was created in 1983.
In 1972 the family enterprise is take over by Salzgitter AG which later was Preussag AG, a state owned corporation. During the next 25 years NOELL evolves from being a traditional steel works company to a key player in mechanical and plant engineering. Alongside the traditional business areas, such as steel structural engineering, steel bridge construction, hydromechanical equipment and crane construction the new business divisions turnkey construction, warehousing technology, nuclear technology and environmental engineering are added.
At that time NOELL employs more than 8,000 employees in 8 companies. In the late 90s, the NOELL group is sold to German Babcock. Only short time later the areas of hydraulic steel structures and bridge construction are taken over by Dillinger Stahlbau GmbH (DSD) in Saarlouis, a subsidiary of MAN Ferrostaal AG, which belongs to the MAN corporation.
As a part of further restructuring, DSD Steel Group GmbH becomes shareholder of DSD NOELL GmbH, which, in 2004, is founded to constitute an independent company.